Nowadays, with more and more employers opting to initially have a phone interview with a candidate, many wonder what they can do in order to have a successful first impression! Julia Malacoff, a blog writer with Glassdoor, posted an informational article recently highlighting the most important things to remember when preparing for and going through a phone interview with a prospective employer! Here are Julia’s tips for things you should never do during a phone interview:
- Never take the interview somewhere noisy.
- Don’t talk about personal life.
- Resist the urge to multitask!
- Skip the money conversation.
- Never put your interviewer on hold.
- Never skip the Q&A.
- Don’t be late.
- Don’t assume reception is good.
- Never talk over the interviewer.
- Skip filler words.
- Don’t go in blind.
- Nix long-winded answers.
Julia makes a lot of great points! To read the full article, click here!